Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Small, Fuzzy, DEAD

If you're a huge lover of nasty, disease-infested critters....Do Not Read Ahead....

You ever have those things that you just can't get rid of?  You know, like a stain in clothing.  You work and work, and spray and spray, but the darn thing just won't come out.  Then, one day.....you give it one more shot.  Lo and behold the stain is gone.  Remember that feeling of pride because you beat the stain?!  Well, I had my moment today.

We've had these annoying (and quite loud) mice.  I've set 2 different traps, 3 different times.  All 3 times on both traps the mouse has gotten the bait and eluded the trap.  And those things are NOT fun to set.  Luckily, I haven't had any squashed fingers.  Just bait thrown across the kitchen and a bad attitude.

Finally, I decided to use peanut butter.  The little sucker can't just pull peanut butter off like a piece of cheese, right?  Each morning I look under the sink and on the floor in the pantry to see if there's a body.  This morning there was....under the sink.  And thank heaven he was dead, not alive and kicking.  I honestly thought I would gross out, wig out, or just feel sorry for the little thing when this day came.  But you know what?  I felt none of those.  I felt like Rocky Balboa....a hero, a fighter, and utterly succesful!  Only I didn't have to suffer any of the punches.  DA NA NA, DA NA NA!

No comments: