Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie...I did it! And Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins Too!

Two proud baking moments so far this year.  The first, homemade chicken pot pie:



 
I've never made a really good chicken pot pie before.  Now I have!  And it's all homemade (well, except the crust).  No cream of anything, no cans.  Even the broth was homemade.  Yes, this was a proud moment for me.  The unfortunate thing is that none of my kids like chicken pot pie!  That's okay....it just left more for Daddy and me!   The recipe is here.
 
 
The second, chocolate chip muffins:
 

 
 
 
 
I love it when I'm right.  To clear the air, it doesn't happen often (especially in cooking), but the few times it does, I like to soak in the moment.  I had told Avery we could make pumpkin muffins (Weight Watchers recipe...just white cake mix and pumpkin puree), but when I went to get the cake mix I found we only had chocolate.  After suggesting we try making them with the chocolate mix, I got horrified and grossed-out looks from Avery and my hubby.  So, I got on-line and googled "what muffins I can make with chocolate cake mix".  The second item that came up was called something like 3 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Muffins.  I definitely liked the sound of that.  When I clicked on it, take a huge guess what ingredient #2 was.........YEP, PUMPKIN PUREE!    Yea for me.   We made them, and they turned out so yummy and so moist.  Here's the credit where credit is due:  3 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Muffins. I found out this recipe is simply a tweak on the Weight Watchers recipe we make....all the better!  If you're thinking it sounds gross to mix the chocolate mix with pumpkin, you're not alone.  However, you really can't even taste the pumpkin after all is said and baked.
.
 
 

1 comment:

Rian said...

Looks super yummy. I love pot pie, you need to give me your recipe.