Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still Moving Along

Okay, it's been another little while since I've written. We've had a lot going on. We sold our house....after 9 months. And we put a contract on another. It all happened so fast that my head is still spinning. I'm trying hard to just take one moment at a time. I tend to think WAY to large and then get really overwhelmed. I blame it on being a FXC. So, I've chosen to just take one prayer request at a time. The first one is that the buyers won't get the inspection done until after tomorrown (Wednesday). Jim is taking the day off so that we can hopefully get some things taken care of that we know will show up on a report....trimming bushes away from house, cleaning out gutters, adding a french drain, and digging some dirt down away from the brick. Can we get it all done in one day AND have the kids????? I've got my bets. But, no worries. We do what we can. The second prayer is that our house passes inspection as far as the foundation is concerned. That's always an 'iffy' thing to deal with.

The house we will hopefully be moving into needs a lot of cosmetic work. Paint, light fixtures, window treatments, tile, blah, blah, blah. Most will be done in little shots, but I'd like to get the painting done right away.

We totally believe that if this is the house for us, then the Lord will continue to orchestrate everything for it to work out. If not, we still trust Him and move on. Except for a soundproof room we would love to have for Ian (only half a joke), it has most of what we have been looking for space-wise.

So far, the kids are pretty clueless about what's going on. Avery did say, "I want to see my new house." She doesn't quite get what that really means yet. Ian's the one we're worried about, with transitions, but I bet after all is said and done, he'll end up having the easiest time with it.

So, I've missed reading your entries, but hope to catch up on them soon. It's always relaxing to get on, read that I'm not alone, and write out thoughts others can relate to.

And oh, Benjamin turns 1 year old this Friday! I can't believe it.

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Congratulations on selling your house! And Blake turns five this Friday, too!

Jen said...

We're also looking into moving, and things are happening fast with a house we want, and like you, I tend to think "Way too large," and then I just kind of freeze up. I like stability!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! 9 months is a great turnaround time with the market. Our area is supposed to not be affected and it's taking 12-18 months to sell a home.