Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quiet on the Homefront

Really not a lot going on this first month of the new year. Kids are struggling with allergies that are leading to ear infections, but nothing a little antibiotic and love can't cure.

Transitioning back to school was a breeze for the kids...thank goodness. Mom had a pretty easy time of it too...except the having to get up early, make lunches, and get them ready to get out the door on time. But, I managed to get back into the swing of things okay.

Notes from Ian's school have slowed down A LOT! When I get them, I don't generally reply anymore. I just mumble to myself and initial the day. Really I don't see the point in why they feel the need to write me everytime he, "had a good morning in Mrs. X's class and Mrs. Y's class, but he had a rough afternoon". Please tell me exactly what 'rough' means? If it means he got overstimulated and was loud and maybe annoyed a kid or two, well then I think we're working on two different perspectives of 'rough'. Oh well.

He's doing well at home. He really tries to communicate better, does his homework with me pretty well, and is wanting to do so many more things independently....some I wish he wouldn't try quite so hard at. :) He's also still staying in the same underwear all day (but changing them daily :).

Avery and Benjamin are truckin right along. Benjamin is getting more and more, ummm, what's the word???? Obstinent. Yeah, that seems like the right word. But, darn it, he's still so cute about it!

Avery is still our little princess.....with attitude. She's gonna be a great story-teller one day. The girl will spend 20 minutes straight telling me a story...usually about her "friend", her "friend's baby", her "baby", or her "husband". It's exhausting trying to stay up with it all.

That's about it. I guess sometimes 'non-exciting' is the way to go.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

It was great to catch up on the phone last night. I have missed you guys! I agree with your statement about Avery's storytelling. She's amazing! She'll just bounce from subject to subject, and somehow it all ties together! Can't wait to get together soon. Oh, and I LOVE the pic at the top of the page!