Monday, August 10, 2009

God is so Sweet

Sorry I haven't been up for a while. Trying to stay caught up with ya'll, but havin' a hard time. We've just been trying to keep the kiddos happy. It gets tougher as the summer goes on.....and it's soooooooo stinkin' hot outside (not to mention those nasty, nasty fire ants!) that finding things to do (inexpensively) gets hard after a while. Thank goodness for grandparents with a pool!

I just wanted to share a story of just how sweet Abba is to His children. The other day I was having a bit of a down day....worrying that Avery was going to grow up despising Ian because he can be so physically hurtful to her, especially when he's having a rougher day. Well, that night I went out for a run, and when I got back Avery was excited to tell me that she was going to sleep in Ian's room. I looked questionably at Jim, who told me it was her idea. Then I got to hear them having such a good time in the room before they fell asleep. That calmed my heart so much. I believe He was speaking to my heart through this and telling me that all will be okay. This is just a season and that Avery's love and understanding for Ian will grow with time. She does love him.

Thank you, Lord, with being so faithful and for letting my eyes be open to your sweetness!

4 comments:

Kathie said...

That is SOOO cool! How did they compromise on the door? Was it open or closed? LOL

fragilemom said...

Wow! Great memory, Kathie! After much persuasion, I finally convinced Avery that it's Ian's room and he sleeps with the door closed. If she wanted to stay in there, she had to sleep with it closed. The added nightlight must have eased her apprehension!

becki said...

How wonderful!! I almost got a little choked up reading that at work! :)

Kristiem10 said...

I am so glad. Our God is a wonderful Father.