Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Been 3 Years

I failed to blog about this earlier...mainly because we were in the middle of moving. May 12 was our 3 year mark of our lives being forever changed by Ian's diagnosis of Fragile X. I remember that day well, and will never forget it.

I think this part is good - this year I remembered the date before the date, but on the actual May 12, this was the first year that I did not cry on the date. Make sense? June 8 will be one year since Benjamin's diagnosis. October will be 3 years since Avery's diagnosis. All three times were excruciating and eventful - not in a good way. I'll have to blog about those next time....too late and time for bed right now.

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

I'd call that progress. Hugs to you. I haven't remembered the D Day (diagnosis day) for a few years, but we've been doing it for seven years. That is not to mean that I don't have my days of lamenting the fact that one or the other of my boys have it, and the challenges challenges that come with it. I am thankful for the internet in that we can meet other parents and kids with Fragile X who know exactly what you are going through.

Jen said...

I definitely remember the feelings and circumstances on each of the diagnosis days, but luckily, I don't remember the dates. With Kyle, I cried everyday for 6 months....at least, and then periodically for several years after that. With Evan's diagnosis, approx. 12 years later, there has only been a couple of days of tears; I have more of a feeling of frustration with his diagnosis.
I'm also sending a hug to you! :)